Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
INFORMATION WE SHARE
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
COOKIES, TARGETED ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW TO CONTACT US
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We collect the following categories of information about you. In some cases, the information we collect may fall within more than one category.
- Contact information and personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your MAC address, IP address, or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age, sex, and gender (some of which may be protected by applicable law).
- Physical characteristics, such as your hair type and color, skin type, and eye color.
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased, returned or considered, and your product preferences.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Identity verification information, such as authentication information like passwords.
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our website or mobile applications, other digital properties, and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on our website or mobile applications, and log file information which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, and other electronic network activity.
- Geolocation information, such as information that can help identify your physical location like your GPS coordinates or the approximate location of your mobile device.
- Audio and visual information, such as recordings of your voice when you call our customer service.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information from your resume, employment history, education information, and professional licenses or certifications.
- Health and medical information, such as skincare concerns, diagnosis, medical reports and history.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. The
categories of sources from which we collect personal information are:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase on our website, contact us with a question or complaint, use one of our mobile applications, create an account on our website, respond to a survey, participate in a contest or other promotion, sign-up to attend an event, apply for employment, or sign-up to receive marketing communications.
- From your friends or family members, such as when your friend or family member sends you a gift or makes a referral.
- Cookies and automatic collection methods. When you visit our website or use one of our mobile applications, and when you open or click on emails we send you, we, and third parties we work with, may automatically collect information from your browser or device using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Web beacons or pixel tags are small images which are embedded into our website or emails that provide us with information about your browser or device, or whether you open or clicked on the emails we send you. These technologies enable us, or the third parties who place such technologies, to collect information such as device identifiers and online or other network activity information.
- Through offline technologies, such as call recording technology when you speak to customer service.
- From our business partners and service providers, such as demographic companies, analytics providers, advertising companies and networks, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with.
- From social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, we may obtain your information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on social media or choose to log-in to our website using your social media credentials.
We may use the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to you, such as fulfilling orders and processing payments, creating, servicing and/or maintaining your account, assisting with product selection and replenishment, and managing current or past purchases.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you place an order.
- To administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and promotions.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials via postal mail, text message or email, and to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
- For analytics purposes,such as to understand how you use our website and mobile applications, understand your preferred method of purchasing with us; determine what browser and devices you use to visit our website or mobile applications; and to evaluate and improve our products, services, advertisements, website and mobile applications.
- To operate and improve our business, including to respond to employment applications, provide quality assurance, conduct research and development to develop new products and services, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair bugs on our website or mobile applications, and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- Other short-term, transient use.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers. We may transfer personal information to service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders and provide web hosting, advertising, and marketing services.
- Other third parties. In addition, we may disclose personal information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, (iv) when disclosure of your personal information is otherwise required or permitted by law, or (v) with your consent.
Accessing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have the personal information deleted, as appropriate. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to access, change or delete your personal information through our Privacy Request Page.
You can opt-out from receiving marketing or clienteling communications by email by following the instructions within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us through our Privacy Request Page. Please note that your opt-out request is specific to the particular type of email communication you receive from us. For example, if you opt-out from a clienteling email, you will no longer receive clienteling email communications, but you may still receive email marketing communications from us. Further, if you opt-out from both clienteling email communications and marketing email communications, we may still send you transactional or operational emails. Examples of transactional or operational emails include, purchase or shipping confirmations, password resets, profile updates or other account related messages.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can opt-out from receiving marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us through our Privacy Request Page.
Text Message Opt-Out
You can opt-out from receiving text messages from us by replying STOP to the text message you receive from us or make a request through our Privacy Request Page. Please note that this will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that number.
Push Notifications Opt-Out
When you download one of our mobile applications, we may provide you with the option to opt-in to receive push notifications. You may, after downloading one of our mobile applications, opt-out of receiving push notifications by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
Geolocation Information Opt-Out
When you use one of our mobile applications, we may ask you to share your location. You may choose not to share your geolocation details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. We use different types of cookies on our website, including performance cookies, functional cookies and targeting cookies. For details on these types of cookies and information on how to opt-out, please refer to Cookies Information Page.
Please note that your opt-out only applies to the browser you use to submit your opt-out, so if you use multiple browsers or devices, you must opt-out on each browser, on each device. Your opt-out is enabled using cookies so once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies on a device, you will need to opt-out again on that browser on that device.
Please note that even if you opt-out of this form of targeted advertising, you may still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioral information about you. To learn more about this type of advertising in general, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at or the Network Advertising Initiative.
We also work with third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, and Facebook, to show you advertisements. We may convert your email address, telephone number, or other information into a unique value and have these third-party platforms match this unique value with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected about you. This matching enables us to deliver advertisements to you and others on these platforms. You also can request that we refrain from using your personal information in this way by contacting us through our Privacy Request Page.
Do Not Track and Advertising Across Different Websites
We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Third parties that have content or services on our website such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit please visit http://allabountdnt.com.
We may use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our website, our social media pages, or our mobile applications to help us evaluate and analyze how visitors use these platforms. For specific details on how Google collects and uses information on our website, social media pages, or mobile applications, please visit: How Google Uses Data.
This website is not intended for or directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the website. If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Our website or mobile applications may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Disclosures of Personal Information
We disclose the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
- Contact information and personal identifiers
- Device identifiers
- Demographic information
- Physical characteristics
- Commercial information
- Payment information
- Identity verification information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data
- Audio and visual information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Health information
These disclosures take place for the following business or commercial
- To audit our interactions with you to ensure compliance with applicable law and to measure the effectiveness of our products, services, and advertisements;
- To detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- To identify and repair bugs on our website or mobile applications;
- To provide services, such as customer service, order fulfillment, and payment processing, which we either conduct or engage service providers (such as courier services) to conduct on our behalf;
- For research and development;
- To further our business goals, including to advertise our products and services;
- For quality assurance; and
- Short-term, transient use.
The disclosure of personal information for which we receive valuable consideration (i.e., the receipt of some benefit other than money) is considered a “sale”. We may disclose the following personal information for valuable consideration:
- Device identifiers
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have the right to request the following details about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you;
- The categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- the categories of personal information we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to certain exceptions).
You can exercise your rights through our Privacy Request Page. Note that Andes Organics does not sell, lease or share any personal information from customers or subscribers to any third party company.
We will not discriminate against you on account of your exercise of your California privacy rights.